Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lenny died

I feel like such an idiot. Lily's poor rabbit died after only having him a week and a half. I'm not sure why. He seemed so healthy and hearty. Telling her was one of the hardest things ever. She was devistated, and pretty depressed about it for at least a week. She has gotten better, but still gets sad if his name is mentioned. Gavin and Ella still ask about him too. Ella goes around telling people "Lenny died. He's hoppin' around in Heaven with Jesus". It's actually pretty cute. Anyway, we promised Lily another bunny, but I want to figure out what we can do to make sure the next one survives before we go get one. Mike busted his butt making an awesome hutch for him, and now we have this big empty hutch under our apple tree!

Today is General Confrence Saturday, and Lily is getting baptized next Saturday. We are going shopping between confrence sessions for her baptism dress. I offered to make her one, but she has her eye on a specific on that she saw when we were buying Halle's blessing dress. Besides, I just learned to sew and have only made my girls one dress each so far. I would probably slaughter her baptism dress with out a LOT of help from my awesome friend Stacie, who taught me how to sew in the first place!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with her baptism next week. I am happy for you that you have such a beautiful daughter who is on the right path. She must have great parents.

Lindy Merkley said...

Hey you should check with Andrea Jenkins on the bunny thing, I think she has a couple and she might know what went wrong with your bunny and how to ensure that the next one lives.

Marnie said...

I am so sorry about the bunny. Good luck with the next one. We had bunnies for a very short time when I was growning up. We kept them outside and somehow a larger animal got in the hutch and killed them.

Shanna said...

You go girl! That's awesome that you could even consider making her a dress. Sewing is such a lost art these days.

Kayleen said...

Oh, poor foofers. And poor Lils. I hope your next bunny helps her feel better. I didn't even get to see the first one! You have pictures, right?